Weekly drawing classes op Tuesday evening at 19:30-22:00 hrs
Develop your drawing skills
and learn to master new techniques and materials
using beautiful objects found in nature
During these classes we’ll focus on drawing, not only as a preparation for painting, but as a discipline on itself. We’ll use plants and flowers, objects found in nature and draw small still lives too. You’ll work with different materials (such as pencil, ballpoint pen, fineliner, ink). Depending on your experience and goals, the emphasis will be either on the basics of drawing (observing, sketching, light/shadow, shading/hatching) and/or on experimenting with different (combinations of) drawing materials so that you develop your own signature.
I’ll bring different objects that you can draw every time and other visual materials (such as plants, birds and other animals) if you prefer to use a photo to draw from. You are welcome to bring your own photos/objects too.
- Observation: what is a useful way to look at an object in order to draw it
- Sketching: what is it important to capture and how
- Volume/rendering: shading techniques to draw light/shadows and texture
- Experimenting: try out different materials and combine different techniques
(not included in the course fee, to be purchased)
- pencil, eraser, sharpener
- ballpoint pens|fineliners
- coloured pencils
- different types of paper
Dates and times
September to July on Tuesday evening at 19:30-22:00 hrs
Brugman Art, Voorburg
- 60,- EUR per month, drawing materials NOT included
- You participate, with tacit continuation, every month with a notice period of one month
- Single lessons are possible and cost 15,-EUR per lesson
- The drawing classes are in Dutch; English speakers are welcome.
- You can join at any time as long as there are places left. Just get in touch to discuss the possibilities.
- You can come along and join a trial class (15,-EUR) every first Tuesday of the month. Please send an email to email@example.com to enrol.
At the moment there are no places available on this course.
Subscribe to my newsletter
… and be the first to hear about new drawing workshops and new artwork!